Tuesday, August 5, 2008

oh how I love spike

I know I'm just saying what everyone already knows and thinks, but I love spike. today was my first spike in 16 days. 16 DAYS!!! how I missed it. and what I'm about to say is probably gonna make all of CP angry. but I also have lifted a weight in 16 days (which is why I also haven't written much, in case you all missed me and my hate). I have my reasons but they're just gonna come across as excuses so I'm not even gonna get into why I have been a slacker, but how I've missed training! so I drink my spike on my way to the gym and I immediately feel it and I know it's gonna be a good training day. first off, I was sweating before I even lifted a weight and first thing I do (after extensive warming up) is speed trap bar dead lifts. these might be my new favorite thing. I'm sure I was getting some looks doing them. and then I was really sweating. you all know how I sweat. it wasn't pretty. I'm thinking, even though tony said even he wouldn't do my insano program, I'm liking it. until I get to side planks with rows. never mind that they're ridiculously hard, but of course the two cable machines are being hogged by trainers. so one opens up, I do one set. then a dude takes the machine. fine, I'll ask if I can work in. can't do that, because he's too busy having a 15 minute conversation with someone else. I timed it. 15 minutes. no lie. he did one set in that whole time. so now I'm just too pissed to ask him to work in because I know I'm gonna say something like, since you're just standing here talking, mind if I actually do some work? and then I was even more pissed because I was really so happy to be back training. really I was. happy. me. just to be back training. (what have you turned me into tony?) and this dude was ruining it! AND THEN this other dude tried to steal my cable machine WHILE I WAS ON IT! no joke. I'm done on the ground, about to get into plank position and he goes to move the other arm and change the weight. so I say uh, hi, I'm still using this. I'm a big girl people. how do you miss someone on the ground in front of the damn machine? honest to god.
anyways, I finished the stupid planks and went on to stupid front loaded plate squats, or whatever the hell they're called. hard is what I call them. my legs are like jello. imagine if I didn't have the spike? I'd probably be dead. well probably not, because I rock but still...
btw, is anyone from t-nation reading this shit? I LOVE SPIKE. SEND ME SPIKE! only red though, the other kinds are gross.

and because it wouldn't be me without saying something mean... this morning I'm walking to the train station and there's this couple in front of me and they are homely as shit. I mean I guess ugly people need love too, but do we have to witness it? thank christ I'm not ugly.

No comments: