Sunday, February 15, 2009

two blogs in one night!!!

like I said, I didn't want to take away from chris' post so I had to write another one. so normally every saturday I train at CP. I have a routine. I like routine. I get up, putz around for a bit. get all my shit together. go get an ice coffee and then drive out to hudson. I normally spend some time talking to everyone, change and then finally start my training that usually takes six hours. I drive back to somerville, pay the tattoo employees and then go about my night however I choose. but this weekend I trained at cp on friday night and didn't go out on saturday. I didn't know what to do with myself. all this free time! what to do, what to do??? so I did what I always do when I have time on my hands... fuck around on the computer while baking. I should have gone to scla and trained but I didn't. I just felt like relaxing, so shoot me! I now HAVE to get to scla today. not even a question, I have to get there and train. so I set my alarm for 8. hit the snooze about 9 times but then finally get up and get my ass there around 10ish. I'm so not feeling it. the vibe is all off. these wide angled neutral grip cable rows feel weird. one legged push ups just aren't happening. oh, and I didn't mention that this is all on NO SPIKE. training with no spike is not a fun time at all. one legged push ups with no spike is some kind of cruel joke played on michelle. and then I spot Natalie. and she tells me that her and aaron are going to do this 300 training. 50 pull ups, 50 deadlifts, 50 box jumps, 50 push ups, 50 crazy leg swing things while holding the barbell up and 50 clean and presses. I immediately stop feeling bad for me and my no spike self and continue on with my program. she then tells me that her and aaron have "created" a sled. now, I hate the sled at cp. I have such disdain for the sled that it's visible. I'd kick the sled if I knew I wouldn't hurt myself. but at scla, where nobody trains like me and natalie and apparently aaron (it's true, come see us train, nobody trains like us) pushing/pulling the sled brings me such joy I can hardly control myself.
so picture this: a metal step about a foot and a half high. with these sort of blast straps attached to it. then picture natalie running down a stretch of carpet, about three quarters the length of cp's turf (I don't know exactly how long it is) with aaron sitting on the step. and then picture me doing the same but with aaron's friend pete sitting on the step. and just so you get the full picture, I think aaron did it with six plates a couple of times and a couple of times with some number of plates and natalie on the step!!! now picture the looks on all the assholes at scla watching us do this. priceless man. priceless.
I can honestly say that I have NEVER enjoyed a workout at scla until today. I'm hoping this happens every sunday, because I'm there if it does.

No comments: