Sunday, March 28, 2010

new?

I thought of creating a new blog, with a new name and a new (?) outlook on things so I could just write down my day to day thoughts, not my day to day hate but then I thought to myself, you know you're still going to hate on everyone so why start over? and you know, I'm lazy. so maybe this won't be all about my hate of scla or people in general anymore and just my thoughts that I want to get off my chest and out of my mind without having to listen to my brother tell me he told me so. because, hey jerk! I've never once said I told you so! I may have thought it, but I didn't say it asshole. see, the hatred wasn't that far away.
anyways, I've been sick for the past week and literally been in bed as much as possible. haven't trained since last sunday and while I can't wait to get back to the gym, it's not going to happen today. today I am going to bake and catch up on some crafty things for a girl at works desk (long story about my hated job that I don't care to get into) maybe I'll finally go clean my car but I doubt it.
right now I'm waiting for my cookie dough to chill and my eggs to come to room temperature so I can make this thing called a brookie. half cookie half brownie. not rocket science here. the recipe is from this bakery called Baked in Brooklyn. I love brooklyn. I found out about this place from best thing I ever ate on the food network. I want to say it was the chocolate episode, or maybe the salty episode - that sounds more accurate actually - anyways, the five ingredients lady had one of their brownies with salted caramel in it and I wanted it. immediately. in my mouth. so the next time I went and visited chris (I have found myself having a real life boyfriend...) I told him we were going to Brooklyn and that was all I wanted for valentine's day. the boy does not listen to me so that was not all I got for v-day. regardless, I go to the bakery and am instantly in love with the place and the staff but no brownies. apparently everyone else wanted the brownie in their mouth immediately. go figure. but chris got the brookie and said it was pretty delicious (this is how he speaks, I'm not joking)so I started following this place on facebook and twitter (I'm a stalker at heart) and the owner was on martha stewart and made them. so now I will try to recreate. it's been so long that I've kept up with blogging that I'm sure nobody follows or reads anymore but if you don't know this about me, I love to bake. LOVE to bake. it's actually my form of therapy. you ever watch grey's anatomy and when denny dies and izzy keeps making muffins. that's me, when I'm sad or whatever, I bake. nobody has died lately but I'm sad and frustrated right now and I'm going to bake. I might bake for the week! I told someone at work like a year ago I'd make a root beer float cake and I think I'm going to do that next. because funny story, I just looked up the recipe on www.joythebaker.com (I'm also insane about food blogs)and guess where it comes from? BAKED! I have to make it now... though I'm not thrilled about the frosting because it's a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and I don't' like that. maybe a whipped cream frosting? I do love homemade whipped cream. ok, I'm going to get back to it. maybe I'll post a follow up and let you know how it came

No comments: