Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm not gonna be able to walk tomorrow

the first week of a new program is always brutal. I'm not sure if it's this way for everyone but it is for me. tuesday night I did some bulgarian split squats, pushups, flat db presses, pull throughs (I hate pull throughs!!!), cable rows, ab wheel roll outs and a barbell complex. overall I didn't think it was anything over the top. nothing too crazy. I've done all these things before. but not recently. everytime I had to get up from my chair yesterday I had to get some momentum going and basically jump out of the chair because otherwise the pain would have kept me sitting all day. mind you, I was at a seminar all day yesterday and in order to stay awake I had to get up and move. as a side note, an older lady at my table was astonished to know that I'd finish a gallon of water in the time we were stuck together. astonished might not be the right word actually. I think she was horrified. crazy crazy world we live in. ok back to training. so I'm having a hard time moving about yesterday and today was just as bad. so I go in to do day 2 of the program. I do some bench pressing, hip stretching, rack pulling (like I'm not in enough pain!) head supported db rowing (like I need to look like a bigger asshole!) 1 arm db pressing, side plank rowing (PAIN!) and then comes the kicker. the leg matrix: 24 squats, 12 front lunges - each leg, 12 jump lunges - each leg and 12 squat jumps. I have never done jump lunges so I asked one of the trainers walking around. I said, so I actually go into a lunge? thinking I'm just supposed to jump and sort of split my legs or whatever. so he says yea you go into the lunge and he looked at my program and said, that's why he said yes you will hate me (thanks tony!!). to which I replied, oh I hate him anyways regardless of the lunges. I don't think my legs have ever burned like they did tonight. sweet baby jesus I think I went blind from the pain. so that is why I will not be able to walk tomorrow. and you know saturday's going to be worse. I'll be rolling myself right on up into CP.

No comments: