Tuesday, September 23, 2008

my baking days are over

for those of you who don't know, I moved about a month ago. into my own apartment. after five years of living with three plus other people it was time to go and I got a sweet deal on a one bedroom apartment in east cambridge. or what I thought was a sweet deal. because of course there's always gotta be a catch. like the two fucking maniac children that live upstairs from me. that I swear as soon as the sun rises they leap out of their beds and then proceed to play tag throughout the apartment until their bedtime. every goddamn day. seven days a week. sleep in? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure their parents get in on the game of tag as well, because you know, four year olds can't possibly weigh that much for it to sound like elephants are coming through my ceiling. and if anyone has ever wondered where I get my attitude from, my mom was here last week and said she was gonna go upstairs and punch the mother in the mouth for letting her kids run around like that. apple doesn't fall far from the tree people.
ok, kids aside my real issue is that my oven is from the 1950's. I'm not lying. I googled it. and lord knows google doesn't lie. 1950's bitches! it has a heater on one side and the oven on the other. the stovetop lights when it wants to and it takes a good 30 minutes to pre-heat. seriously? yea, seriously. so I thought I'd change things up and eat healthy tonight. so I'm cooking some chicken for my salad. cooking it for a fucking hour! I just got done eating at 10:30 because it took that long to cook a piece of goddamn chicken. serves me right.
my real issue though is my baking. I bake like it's my job. hell, it should be my job. I am a kickass baker. I put kickass cupcakes to shame. not petsi's though. that lady is a baking genius and I want to be her! (if you aren't aware of petsi pies, I suggest going there. PHENOMENAL!)
so if it takes an hour to cook chicken imagine how long it will take to cook cupcakes and breads and cookies. this is a sad sad world we live in when I can't bake. I don't even eat the baked goods I make, I share. I'm a good sharer. so everyone better find a new baker cuz no more whoopie pies for you. I will cry now. good night.

5 comments:

dawna said...

Goddess bless you Michelle! I've never heard of Petsi Pies but just Googled it and found out they make Lemon Meringue - Mr. Big's favorite. His birthday is coming up and I knew I wasn't going to be able to make him one (like his mom does?!) so...Petsi to the rescue!

If you ever go back to Rudy's I'm coming with you - Damn good margaritas! Never knew I actually liked tequila!

Cheers!

Steph said...

Well, these don't technically count as baking but a kid in my class brought me K Bars and I swear they were better than cupcakes. Special K and peanut butter and chocolate. I'm getting the recipe and promised The Fantasy Football Crew that I would bring them some.

michelle said...

steph, dont' you know that chocolate and peanut butter in any form together is like the nectar of the gods!! to me atleast anyways. save some for me!

Eric Cressey said...

You're definitely the only person alive who used the phrases "smelly ass dude" and "I'm a good sharer" in the same blog. Seriously. I googled it - and Google doesn't lie.

:)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through random boredom / curiosity. You're killing me. Lack of gym etiquette pisses me off in a huge way but overall idiocy pushes me over the edge. You live an apartment from Hell? Perhaps. Try coming home from work six days a week at 6:00 am, going to sleep for 3 hours to be woken up by the drunken woman downstairs, playing the first 30 to 45 seconds of Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon over and freaking over - for HOURS!! Yeah, I understand wanting to punch a moron in the throat. Fun blog. Thanks.